Friday, September 19, 2008

LBF's New Outfit


In between filling orders I have been sewing some very fun little gift projects. Gift projects are my favorites. There is nothing better than the feeling of a napping two year old and just sitting in my sewing room, back in the recesses of my house all alone...plotting out a gift project. I can sit and stare at the wonderful material for a 1/2 hour before I start cutting, just because it is there. Add a Coke zero to the mix and I'd clearly be one step away from the pearly gates.

My 6 year old daughter Ava, has a sweet little best friend, (I affectionately call her lbf for short) whom we have known since she met her parents within minutes of when we met Ava in a crowded Chinese hotel conference room 6 years ago. LBF will soon be 7, doesn't seem possible but it is. I saw this material online and had to spend an hour looking for a vendor who had it in stock. Oh poor me...had to spend an hour shopping for material from the comfort of my own office loft in my pajamas. I love you, internet.

I've made this skirt several times for my girls just because it is made of 4 rectangles. Yes, 4 rectangles. It is the easiest thing to whip up. I found the directions in a quilting magazine of all places and then realized that the magazine had misprinted the directions...but after the second attempt I conquered and got the measurements of the top layer and underskirt just right. The top is just a cheapy tee shirt with appliqued dolls to match the skirt. LBF is the tiniest of little things...Ava probaby has 2 to 3 inches on her. I hope it fits, even with the stretchy elastic waist. If not, she'll have a cute spring outfit.

No comments: