Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Doll Quilt, Yes Again


It's done. One little boy friendly doll/stuffed animal/snuggle up in front of the television quilt. Very easy pattern if you could even call it a pattern. 5"squares galore and then piece them together. I made that up...can you tell?


It has been so much fun doing this little project, not to mention that I learned quite a bit, that I really want to take a class now that teaches free hand quilting. All I could muster this time was stitching in the ditch to create square blocks. But it has given me the confidence to take a class where I don't have to start completely stupid, only mildly uninformed. Hooray.


Now that I am done it is ready to go to my partner. Last night I realized I had quite a bit of extra fabric left over. I know I sew quite a bit but I don't use juvenille prints all that much so I wondered what else I could do to use up those scraps.

From reading my partner's blog, I know she has little ones. One can always use another diaper caddy when living with little people who wear diapers right? It's just big enough for 2 diapers and a slim wipey case. I have three of them and use them all the time. They are great for the car and the bottom of the stroller. There is nothing worse than being caught without a diaper when you really need one. Enough said.

Onward and upward. I have this blouse that makes me look rotund. Now, I like my fried chicken and M&Ms as much as the next gal but I'm not exactly rotund. Blouse must be altered if it goes off the cul-de-sac. I have to figure out how to take it in a bit. If it works I will report back. If it doesn't I will distract you with more spring bags.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Great job. You are becoming a quilt pro!

missymey said...

love it, love it, love it!!

thank you so much--i got it in the mail today. i also wrote a post about it.