Monday, September 8, 2008

The Leopard Twins


Last week my family went to a yummy cookout at a friends house celebrating Labor Day. It was a nice mix of people from different parts of the hostesses life. My dear friend, the hostess is always helping to promote and market Pink Evita things. Before I knew it she had whipped out a few bags that I had made for her last winter. Two ladies saw one bag and said, "Can we have this one?" Meaning a re-creation of the original. I said, "You both want this same one?" Oh yes, they chimed. My first reaction way didn't they want something different? Of course I was chomping on my second hotdog at the time. But then I had to pause and remember just a few months ago when at my birthday dinner my two friends and I showed up at the restaurant with the exact same bags, different sizes...but the exact same bags. Oh well, who's too good for 8th grade? Not me.

Here are the leopard twins. They are pretty darn cute if I don't say so myself. They are a nice mix of brown and black, perfect for fall and winter evenings out on the town. They are rather smallish at 10" wide by 9" tall. The black material is a durable velvet and the print is the softest most wonderful high end chenille that of course I scored on a clearance table. I loved working with this chenille so much I'm going back tomorrow to see if there is any left.

I hope the leopard twins carry their new bags with panache and have fun with them. I know I had fun eating the summer's last potato salad, watching my two year old slip and slide in the backyard and of course working in a few minutes for business as well.

No comments: